1) UK butterfly species are becoming extinct due to disappearing habitat.
2) first cicada buzz of 2006: o7/23, 9:48am. i've kept a jar of "things with wings" for several years, which includes found organic material that crossed my path at a relevant moment. in 2001, i found a dead cicada on the hallway floor of my former apartment building. the cicada was as long as my pinky finger and frightening to behold. it's definitely the most fearsome creature in my jar.
3) our third-floor office window is wide open with no screen. a curious sparrow visits me now and then. it almost hopped inside last time. i should close the window.

2 comments:
I want to see the whole jar. Take a picture!
I have a jar of things's eyes (lenses).
There are lots of cicadas here. it's hotter here. buzz buzz all day and then crickets at night chirp chirp, and lightning bugs and june bugs and beetles and spiders. it's an entymologist's dream.
I saw a moth on the screen at my cottage today and thought of you. It was pale brown with black/darkbrown lines on its wings and several very hairy legs.
I'm particularily fond of Cicadas -what I imagine to be the first short story of quality that I wrote was about a Cicada.
Post a Comment